5.3.09

catching my breath

On Tuesday I was just down the way in Columbus, Indiana and I needed to get one of my short weekday day runs in. Sure, it's only an hour down I-65, but make no mistake - it IS southern Indiana and there ARE hills that we do not have in central Indiana.

Whew!

And this morning I woke up with a sore throat and a runny nose. My head hurts and my body is achy. Darn sinuses. My roommate and I had made an after-work running date. And honestly, if she hadn't been in running clothes and ready to go when I walked in the house... Well, at 6 p.m. this evening I'd have been right here on the sofa rather than outside with a nose running faster than my legs. I only made it 20 minutes before I stopped at our front door and let her continue without me.

I know I didn't ruin my training with missing 10 minutes this week, but I'm bummed, it's the first week I've not done my full training.

AND! I passed my personal fundraising goal this week! To all of you who've made the decision to support the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society through my run -- THANK YOU! In the scheme of life, I am so grateful for my health and physical strength, sinus infections and all. Please forgive me for my self-pity fest just now. When all that keeps me from running my full time this week is a piddly sinus infection - well, I have it pretty darn good, don't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment